ScottCollins offers the multi-disciplinary skills required to handle all phases of structuring and negotiating technology contracts, from preliminary business analysis through detailed review of legal terms and conditions. Your ScottCollins attorney can execute the entire transaction, or work with your existing team to augment their skills in any particular phase of your transaction.
At every phase of your company’s growth, protecting your intellectual property is the most important investment you can make. Agreements are the building blocks of your business - your Intellectual Property Suite of Agreements may be the difference between maximizing the value of your company in the future or minimizing years of hard work.
At ScottCollins, we advise our clients to not only focus on the relevant agreements for their current phase of growth, but to stay forward thinking in regards to the next. We can help you understand what it all means, and how it relates to protecting your company’s assets.
Your technology or services company will grow from a simple idea into a mature and valuable technology asset. Have you protected yourself? ScottCollins can ensure that you, your company, and your technology are secured against unwanted circumstances.
Your "intellectual property" or "services approach" is unique to you, it will evolve as you do. Your agreements must support the requirements of the business at every phase of your company’s growth.
Start up Phase:
The temptation at the beginning is to cut corners with contracts and agreements. But entrepreneurs, start ups, and incubation companies often find out years later that all of that Intellectual Property is subject to claims from someone they haven't spoken to in years. Without an NDA or Work for Hire Agreement, that coffee shop conversation where you and a potential partner shared those great ideas could cost you millions of dollars down the road.
- NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement)
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Propriety Information Agreement
- Intellectual Property Agreement
- Work for Hire Agreements
- Employment and Contractor Agreements
- Customer Agreements
- Trade Secrets
- IP Transfer Agreements
Legal Formation Phase:
This phase is usually when you start to generate revenue, and comes with its own unique set of questions that ScottCollins can help you ask and answer. Are you personally shielded from liability? What assets will live inside the company? Should you start an LLC, an S Corporation, or a C Corporation? In which state should you incorporate? Based on the formation of your company, what are your tax liabilities? Our attorneys are here to help.
Articles of Incorporation
- S Corporations C Corporations LLP’s
- Employee and Contractor Agreements:
- Consultants Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Work for Hire Agreement
- Non Competition Agreement
Revenue and Growth Phase
Now you have new challenges to accompany your financial success. You have more employees, customers, leases, SLA's, partner agreements, confidentiality issues, outside advisors and formal meetings. At this phase, protecting your Intellectual Property, Service Methodology, and Best Practices is vital.
Agreements Service companies provide to Customers
- Sales Proposal
- Statement of Work
- Consulting Agreement
- Service Level Agreement
- Partner Agreement
Agreements a Service Company gets from Software and Hardware OEMs.
- Software License Agreements
- Partner Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Propriety Information Agreements
- Service Level Agreements
- MCM (Maintenance Contract Agreements)
Software and Hardware:
- Hardware and Software Technology Licensing Agreement
Master Agreements for Licensed Software, Hardware and Services
- Hardware Purchase and Software License Agreement
- Software and Hardware Technical Support Agreement
- Email software Security Agreement
Services and Consulting:
- General Consultancy Services Agreements
- Web-related consultancy services agreements
- Intellectual Property Agreements
VIRTUAL IP ATTORNEY
Manageable and Predictable Costs that Reduce Risk!
As your technology company evolves, your legal requirements change - but while you’re trying to preserve your working capital, your budget may not allow for the cost of an in house attorney that can protect your intellectual property. The risk associated with this decision can be mitigated with the ScottCollins Law Virtual IP Attorney.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your current suite of IP legal contracts less than rock-solid?
- Has your business evolved to the “cloud," but your customer agreements have not?
- Has your sales process slowed down because your technical, finance, or sales managers are making a client’s red lined changes for you?
- Do you ever feel at risk knowing that your customer has in-house council to review documents while you’re using an employee who is not versed in intellectual property law?
- Do you ever “cut corners" while reviewing partnership or software license agreements because you just don't have the time or expertise for in-depth analysis?
- When contractors or employees work on or with your Intellectual property, do you wonder if they could make claims against that intellectual property at a later date?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you may be incurring risks that are unnecessary.
The ScottCollins Virtual IP Attorney Service includes:
- Current Agreement Assessment and Refresh
- Cloud Readiness Assessment
- New Agreements Origination
- Red Line Incident Services
- Litigation Services
Intellectual Property litigation can be carried out against any party that essentially steals or improperly uses your Federally Registered intellectual property, including Copyright, Trademark, patent or Trade Secret information.
Your ScottCollins IP attorney can help you with:
- Trademark Infringement Litigation
- Copyright Infringement Litigation
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Breach of Contract actions